Sunday, May 9, 2010

Thanks Moms

Mother's Day and Father's Day has taken on a different meaning since becoming a parent. I am not referring to the obvious fact that as a parent we started celebrating Mother's and Father's Day. The bigger change is in my perspective on what it means to be a parent.

As a parent I feel very blessed to have two health, happy daughters. As a son I feel very blessed to have a loving, supportive mother. I also feel blessed to have a wife who is such a good mother. Lib also has a pretty cool mom.

My mom was in town this week for a couple days visit. It was great to have her around and the extra set of hands was very helpful. Lucy loved Grandma time! Thanks mom.

We have also been able to spend some quality time with Lib's parents over the last couple months. They have been very helpful throughout our adjustment to a family of four.
Lib celebrated her first Mother's Day as a mother of two today. To celebrate Lib fed Paige every three hours, made mulitple meals, put Lucy down for a nap, gave Lucy and bath and performed multiple other selfless tasks...as usual.
Lib did get out for a run and we had Panera for dinner (her pick). Don't worry Lib, the girls and I are looking forward to stepping up our game next year!

Thanks for all you do for us MOMS!

1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures! :-) Happy Mother's Day Mom, Libby and Nancy!

    ReplyDelete