Friday, October 29, 2010

National Blog Month

November is national blog month. To celebrate there is a tradition of bloggers posting every day in November. I plan to participant in this time honored tradition (blogs started in 1997) and blog all 30 days of the month. How I will be able to do this is unclear, but I am looking forward to seeing what topics are covered during November.

Two blogs that I read FatJ and Bebe’s Corner Blog have confirmed that they too will be participating. If you have a blog, I invite you to participate. Like running a marathon National Blog Month will be more fun if it is done with others in an organized fashion. Going out and running 26.2 miles by yourself on a random morning around your neighborhood just isn’t that appealing to me.

There are two personal blog items that daily November posts will help with. First, I will be able to get back on pace to fulfill my blog commitment. After committing to blog weekly, I only posted three times in September and once in October. 30 straight days of posting will help bring that average back to my committed frequency.

Secondly, I am interested in following what affect daily posting will do to traffic on my blog. Monthly I average 570 visits. My highest month is 762 visits, which was January. I posted 12 times that month, more than any other month since starting the blog. I think that is more then a coincidence, but I want to learn more about how close the correlation is between visits and posts. Either way, clearly my blog is no YouTube, with its 2 billion videos views per day and 24 home videos uploaded every minute. I have set a goal of 1000 visits in November. I would love to have you check in daily!

Happy Halloween, enjoy what is left of October, and I will see you in November!

No comments:

Post a Comment