Saturday, November 6, 2010

Lucy’s Treat

Tomorrow’s post is titles Paige’s Trick. I thought I would mention that just to provide context to this title.

Lib did a great job recapping our Halloween with pictures in November 1st post, Happy Halloween.

I wanted to document my observations on what was the first Halloween that Lucy really got into. She enjoyed being a monkey last year, but got tired of trick-or-treating quickly and really wasn’t too interested in other costumes. This year, she got excited just thinking about trick-or-treating. “I can’t wait! I can’t wait!” was a commonly heard phrase when she was asked about Halloween.

When trick-or-treating finally rolled around she enjoyed seeing what the neighborhood kids were wearing. She also loved running door to door and was pretty good about saying, “trick-or-treat” and “thank you” after receiving candy.

Lucy’s excite was also a “treat” for me to watch. I had forgotten just how exciting Halloween can be when you are young. Watching her took me back to the trick-or-treating days of my youth, when I hit up my home town as a football player, court jester, San Diego Chicken, panda bear and others. The pure joy was priceless to observe. It makes me really look forward to future holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment